KIELBASA POTATO SOUP
The creamy Kielbasa potato soup is so creamy, delicious cheese and simply comforting! In addition, it is a soup on which the whole family can agree, the children love this soup. Imagine your favorite potato soup with the addition of white cheddar and sausage, yum!
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (13 oz.) fully cooked kielbasa
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. minced parsley
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Slice kielbasa and then cut slices in half. Place olive oil in a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Brown kielbasa in olive oil, about 4 to 5 minutes; drain and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, saute onion over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, corn, celery, carrot, broth, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk, cheese, parsley, and kielbasa. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through and cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Enjoy your soup!