JAMAICAN BANANA FRITTERS
These banana fritters are a delicious way to use your ripe bananas. Fried to golden perfection, they are full of flavor and perfect for any meal.
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 super ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs whites separated
- enough oil to shallow fry the fritters.
- In a large bowl smash the bananas along with the egg yolk. Add the spices and sugar, combine together. Add the flour and milk alternatively. When combined- whisk the egg whites. Slowly add in the egg whites careful as not to deflate the volume.
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron with oil up to about ½ inch on medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Using a large spoon scoop up the batter and fry in batches. Do not over crowd the pan. Note: You will see the edge of the fritters start to turn a golden brown color. Turn only once.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the fritters and place them on paper towels. Allow to sit for about a minute.
- Sprinkle with confectioner sugar. Serve warm with peanut butter or nutella. Enjoy your cooking!