ITALIAN SAUSAGE BOW TIE PASTA
These Italian sausage pasta tasted like food from a good Italian restaurant. I didn't need to worry! It was delicious and quickly became a family favorite!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) bow tie pasta
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- Fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (28 oz.) Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook and crumble the sausage and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until cooked through and browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Add the tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Enjoy your dinner!