This soup is simple and delicious, reminiscent of simple Russian peasant food. It has stood the test of time and is still enjoyed today.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini cubed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3 large potatoes cubed
- 4 cups spinach chopped
- sour cream for serving
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1/2 c parsley or dill chopped
- 4 egg hard-boiled and cubed
- 64 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium carrot grated on a large grater
- In a large pot or Dutch oven bring chicken broth to a boil and add potatoes. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet and on a medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- In a pot with potatoes, add sautéed onion, carrot, zucchini and spinach and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to a taste.
- Add lemon juice, cubed eggs and parsley.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy your soup!