ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAKFAST PIZZA
These quick and easy breakfast pizzas are perfect for breakfast or any time of the day!
- 8 Eggs
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Package of English Muffins
- 8 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese thin sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup sausage drippings add butter if you don't have enough drippings
- Cook meat in cast iron pan until well done. Remove from pan and pour off all but 1/4 cup of fat.
- To the meat drippings in the skillet, add the flour. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture starts to turn golden. (This burns away the raw flour flavor which must be done before liquid is introduced)
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook gravy until it boils and thickens.
- Lightly toast English Muffins in toaster while making gravy.
- Scramble eggs in a non-stick skillet, add a small dash of milk to make them fluffier, if desired.
- Turn oven broiler on high and assemble pizzas on baking sheet.
- Add sawmill gravy to the open faced toasted English Muffin then top with scrambled eggs, slice of cheese and sausage.
- Toast under broiler until cheese is bubbly and melted. Enjoy your breakfast!