DRUMSTICK LAYERED DESSERT
Layered dessert Drumstick reinvented, with layers and flavors that mimic the original cone!
- 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or one 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 3.4 oz box white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 16 oz whipped cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream for the ganache
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup chopped peanuts divided
- 5 sugar cones roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 cup cold half & half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip both boxes instant pudding with 4 cups half & half for 2-3 minutes until it's beginning to thicken.
- Add the whipped cream cheese and continue to whip until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the fresh whipped cream by hand. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the filling with 1/2 of the reserved mini chocolate chips, 1/2 of the chopped peanuts and 1/2 of the crushed sugar cones. Set aside the remaining to garnish the top.
- To make the ganache: Melt 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until smooth.
- Cool the melted chocolate slightly. Drizzle over the first layer of chocolate chips, sugar cone pieces and peanuts.
- While the chocolate is soft, garnish the top with reserved peanuts, chocolate chips and sugar cone pieces.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting. Enjoy your dessert!