Creamy Crack Chicken Soup
Creamy cheddar cheese, ranch and grated chicken breasts with beef. This Crack Chicken recipe is prepared in the Instant Pot in just 15 minutes! Serve on a sandwich.
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 slices beef, diced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 to 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- sliced green scallions, for garnish
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese
- Cook diced beef to a crisp in a Dutch Oven or soup pot.
- Remove beef from pot with a slotted spoon, leaving beef grease in the pot.
- Add butter to the pot and melt over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Add bay leaf and bring to a boil; lower heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and whisk in until completely melted and combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese; whisk until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Add baby spinach; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook for 1 minute.
- Taste for seasonings (salt and pepper) and adjust accordingly. Remove bay leaf.
- Remove soup from heat; top with scallions and previously prepared beef. Enjoy your soup!