CREAMY CHICKEN MARSALA
Chicken Marsala in a deliciously creamy mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant! cook a chef tasting chicken recipe at home as a perfect!
- 5 Thin-Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 teaspoons Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt garlic and black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms sliced
- 4 shallot bulbs roughly chopped
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup marsala cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Preheat your oven on the lowest setting (170° F ).
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg and milk together. On a small plate, mix sea salt, pepper and garlic powder into the flour. Dip the chicken breast fillets in beaten egg, then dredge in flour.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet or wok and brown each chicken breast fillet in batches.
- After the chicken breast fillets are browned and cooked through, move them to a casserole dish and keep warm in the oven.
- Once all of the chicken breast fillets are in the oven, melt 2 more tablespoons of butter in your skillet. Then add sliced mushrooms, chopped shallots and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté until the mushrooms’ juices start to release (about 5 minutes). Add Marsala cooking wine and homemade chicken stock to the mushrooms and bring to a boil. Then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer until the juice is reduced by half (around 15 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice and heavy whipping cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium-low for about 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste. Then pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken in the baking dish, then sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve over wild rice or gluten free pasta. Enjoy your cooking!