CREAM CHEESE WONTONS WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPER JACK
Crunchy wontons garnished with salted sausage and a combo of two cheeses, then fried to perfection and served with a dip.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup finely diced COOKED chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 box)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Pepper Jack cheese grated
- 1 package wonton wrappers (12 ounce)
- In large food processor add cream cheese, Pepper Jack, garlic powder, onion powder, green onions and cooked chicken. Pulse just a few times; just enough to combine.
- Place heaping teaspoon in the center of each wonton and pull up sides and pinch. Lightly moisten fingers with cold water and pinch again. Press down gently on plate to get their bottoms flat (so they will stand up). Keep extra wontons skins covered with lightly moistened paper towel while you work. Repeat until all wontons are full. Cover filled wontons with lightly moistened paper towel while you are working and heating the oil.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil to 350 – 375 degrees in a heavy skillet. Working in small batches fry until golden brown; less than 1 minute. Use tongs to brown on both sides if they fall over. Drain on paper towels.
- In small bowl mix soy sauce, water, mirin and sesame oil. Serve warm wontons with sauce. Enjoy your cooking!