This homemade crab rangoon can be cooked or fried! It is filled with an easy rangoon crab cream cheese filling. In addition, they are easy to prepare in advance for smooth entertainment!
- oil for frying
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 oz can of crab meat drained (can be substituted with fresh or packaged crab)
- Preheat 1 inch of oil to 325°F over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, gently combine crab meat, cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Layout 3 wonton wrappers at a time. Place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each. Dab the edges with water and fold the two opposite corners together to form a triangle. Wet the tips of the triangle and fold inward. Continue until all of your filling is used up.
- To Fry
- Drop the wontons into the hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- To Bake
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Assemble wontons as above and spray each with cooking spray. Bake 12-14 minutes. Enjoy your cooking!