Cookies and Cream Red Velvet Molten Lava Cakes
Red velvet cream melted cookies and lava cakes start with a hot chocolate cake filled with red velvet cookies and a cream pudding center. This easy cake does not require a mixer and is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth during this cold winter season.
- 1 Cup Milk
- Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Chocolate and White Chocolate Sauce
- 2 Large Cookies and Cream Candy Bars
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk and oil.
- Spray a large Cupcake pan with nonstick spray and evenly distribute batter 3/4 way full. Bake according to package directions.
- Turn the cakes out onto their tops creating a “volcano” and allow to cool.
- Using a pairing or serrated knife, gently cut a hole out of the center without going clear to the bottom.
- Fill the hole with pieces of the cookies and cream chocolate bar. Stuff as much as you can inside of the cakes without breaking the cakes, and then slice off the bottom circle of the piece of cake you removed and place it on the hot fudge hole like a lid.
- Store the cakes in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to eat. Reheat in the microwave until warm, about 30 seconds.
- Top with ice cream and sauces. Enjoy your dessert!