CAJUN SHRIMP AND RICE
This shrimp and Cajun rice recipe is spicy, satisfying and perfect for busy weeknights! An easy to prepare meal, ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- avocado For serving
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 cup White Jasmine rice
- Lemon Wedges For Serving
- 2-3 tablespoon Cajun Spice mix
- Fresh coriander For Garnishing
- 500 gram Shrimp Cleaned and deveined
- 2-3 Medium ripe tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add shrimps and 1 tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning. Cook on medium-high heat for not more than 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add remaining butter and Oil to the same pan. Add chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until onion is softened.
- Add rice to the pan. Toast rice in low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring in between. At the end of this step rice should look slightly toasty.
- Add Chopped red bell pepper, tomato and remaining Cajun seasoning. Give everything a good mix.
- Add warm stock. Cover and cook untill the rice is cooked 3/4th.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and let it cook another 8-10 minutes on low flame or until the rice is cooked through.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before opening the lid. Using a fork gently separate the rice grain.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve along with avocado and lemon wedges. Enjoy your cooking!