The crispy baked broccoli leaves are loaded with nutrients and vitamins and are fun to prepare and taste!
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into equal sized florets (around 3-4 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour 1 inch of water into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Place the broccoli into the boiling water, cover, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the broccoli for 5-6 minutes, or until it can easily be pierced by a fork. Drain the broccoli and set aside to cool slightly.
- Lay the broccoli out onto paper towels and cover with more paper towels, Press down firmly on the broccoli to absorb as much moisture as you can. Another method is to put the broccoli in the center of a dish towel and ring out the water . Finely chop the broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together until well mixed. Fill each muffin cup in a mini muffin tin to the top, pushing down on the filling with your spoon so it's nice and compacted.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated oven. The top will be starting to golden. To easily remove from the pan (without scratching it to death), run a plastic knife around the edges of each tot and they should come out easier. Enjoy your healthy cooking!