BREAKFAST GRANOLA CUPS
Easy and healthy granola cups. Ideal for breakfast or dessert, just add your favorite treats like chocolate and enjoy!
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate, chopped)
- Combine all ingredients for the granola cups in a mixing bowl and mix well with either a spoon or your hands. The mixture should stick together when you press it between your fingers. If it's not very sticky add a little bit more liquid sweetener.
- Grease a cupcake pan or use a silicone mold. This recipe yields 6-8 cups, depending on the size of your cupcake pan.
- With the back of a tablespoon, press the mixture firmly into the cupcake pan and make a dent in the middle of each cup.
- Put a heaped tsp of sunflower seed butter into the center of each granola cup. Freeze until firm, about 60 minutes.
- Melt dairy-free chocolate chips in a water bath (simply put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and place it over hot water). You can accelerate the melting process by adding 1-2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Once the chocolate is melted pour it on top of the sunflower seed butter of each granola cup. It will harden quickly because the sunflower seed butter is cold.
- Store in the fridge. You can also freeze these breakfast granola cups in zip-lock bags! Enjoy your breakfast!