Beet and Feta Salad WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
Refreshing but hearty salad of roasted beets, green vegetables, crumbled creamy feta, toasted hazelnuts and a nice vinaigrette.
- 3 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2 large Beetroot
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Warm Honey
- Pour your Balsamic Vinegar into a bowl the add the warmed honey, it's best to warm it in the microwave. Preferably use natural honey (most European markets sell the real stuff)
- Mix well and add a pinch of salt and pepper along with your peeled roasted garlic and smash it before putting into the dressing. Then pour over your salad.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap the beets with the skin on in aluminum foil and place on the medium shelve in oven.
- Do the same with the garlic (skin on)
- Then bake for 45 minutes once they have baked remove the foil with an oven mitt (be careful there hot) and let it cool slightly enough so you can peel off the skin.
- Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices, and chop in quarters. Top with toasted walnuts, feta cheese and your dressing. Serve warm and enjoy your salad!