A classic combination of bananas and caramel, layered in a crunchy graham cracker crust and topped with whipped cream. You will fall in love!
- 4 tbsp. melted salted butter
- 12 oz fine shortbread crumbs
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 c (226g) butter
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 2 c (476g) heavy whipping cream
- Prepare 8-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, combine shortbread crumbs and 4 tbsps melted butter with a fork. Press mixture into springform pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sugar over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel. (It took about 6 minutes for the mixture to come to a boil.) Spread the caramel over the shortbread crust, cool and then chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- After pie has chilled, you can add the bananas. Slice bananas into 1/4-inch slices and place over the top of the pie. This can be done in concentric circles or just piled on, as the bananas will be covered with whipped cream.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. (about 1 1/2 minutes) Beat in confectioners sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat.
- Place whipped cream in pastry bag and pipe out swirls onto the chilled pie, then cover in chocolate jimmies. (sprinkles)
- Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy your dessert!