BALASMIC HERB SHEET PAN ROASTED VEGETABLES
This chicken and vegetable recipe with balsamic herbs is excellent because it requires only one pan and the most work is to cut the vegetables.
- 8 ounces brussels sprouts, cut in half and outer yellow leaves removed
- 4-5 medium carrots, halved and cut into 2 inch chunks
- ½ large red onion, cut into large wedges or chunks
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, or line two small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add butternut squash, brussels sprouts, carrot chunks and red onion to the sheet pan. Pour the balsamic herb mixture over the top and gently toss to coat all of the veggies. Spread in an even layer.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, flipping veggies halfway through. Vegetables are done when squash is fork tender. Serve with chicken, fish, over quinoa, brown rice or as is for a festive holiday side dish. Enjoy your healthy cooking!