Baked Buttery Sea Scallops with Pasta
Baked sea scallops with pasta an easy to prepare gourmet meal! The scallops are first seared and then smothered in a creamy garlic butter sauce with capers. You will love these Italian pasta. The scallops are moist and full of flavor!
- 4 oz pasta
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (divided)
- 1/2 lb large sea scallops (about 8 scallops)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Wash the scallops and remove the small, tough side muscle. The side-muscle is a little rectangular tag of tissue on the side of the scallop. It feels tougher than the rest of the scallop and its muscle fibers run opposite the fibers in the scallop itself. Just pinch it between your thumb and first-finger with a paper towel, and tear it away.
- Pat the scallops very dry with paper towels and place in a lightly greased 18.6 ounce baking dish.
- In a small bowl, microwave the butter until just melted.
- Whisk together the butter, wine, lemon juice, 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley.
- Pour some of the butter mixture over each of the scallops.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake 25 minutes until cooked through.
- While the scallops bake, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Uncover the scallops and sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese and the paprika.
- Place the scallops under a broiler and broil for 2 – 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the scallops and buttery sauce over the pasta, divided evenly on two plates.
- Garnish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley. Enjoy your cooking!