Asian coleslaw, this vegan salad can be prepared ahead of time and is delicious alongside salmon, tofu or chicken or stuffed in tacos, garnished with burgers or added to bowls. A great way to add more vegetables to your everyday meals.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 medium green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro may adjust to taste
- 1 3 oz packages ramen noodles crushed and toasted
- 1 16 oz package Deli cole slaw mix with carrot and purple cabbage
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, granulated sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cole slaw mix, sliced onion and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Crush the ramen noodles and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- Just before serving add the toasted noodles and peanuts. Mix thoroughly. Enjoy your salad!