30 Minute Ginger Beef
No need to order takeout, this ginger beef is completely appetizing and ready in just 30 minutes! Perfect for a busy weekday dinner!
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pound skirt steak, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- Toss the steak with the corn starch in a large bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and onions to a sauce pan. Sauté for two minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots to the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Next, add the garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Stir into the carrots and onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, black pepper, brown sugar, and sesame seeds. Whisk together.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to slightly thicken.
- In the meantime, bring about 2-3 cups of vegetable oil to optimum frying temperature in a deep skillet. Shake the excess corn starch off the beef and fry each piece in batches until crispy. This process takes about 3-4 minutes. Drain the fried beef on paper towels.
- Toss the fried beef with the sauce mixture. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy your dinner!