Vegetable Cabbage Soup
This healthy cabbage soup is a mixture of carrots, celery, peppers, cabbage and green beans, all simmered together in a tasty broth. A quick and easy low calorie meal that's full of flavor!
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 (15-oz.) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 c. water
- In a large pot (or dutch oven) over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in beans, garlic, and thyme and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and water, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage and simmer until cabbage is wilted, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in red pepper flakes, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more parsley, if using. Enjoy your soup!