VEGAN TUNA SANDWICH
It’s a great simulated tuna sandwich. Alternatively, serve it as lettuce wraps or use sliced vegetables like peppers and cucumbers as scoops.
- For serving: bread, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, avocado, mustard
- (2) 15-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3-4 tablespoons Vegan Mayo (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped small (optional)
- 1-2 medium dill pickles, chopped small
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher (or fork) until they are mostly mashed. You can leave a few beans whole if you'd like.
- Add the pickles, celery, 3-4 tablespoons of vegan mayo and soy sauce or tamari. Stir well to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes if you can, to let it get cold and let the flavors come together.
- Serve with bread, mustard, lettuce, tomato slices, red onion and avocados if desired. Or serve on a large green salad, or in a wrap, or on crackers. Enjoy your cooking!