Vegan Singapore Noodles
Simple One Pan Singapore Noodles recipe based on rice noodles (thin rice noodles), curry powder, bean sprouts, bok choy, spring onion, carrots, red peppers, snow peas everything and a ton of other nutritious, easy-to-get ingredients. Vegan, gluten-free and healthy!
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2.5 tsp garam masala
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1⁄2 onion sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper sliced thinly
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 200 g instant thin rice vermacelli
- 1⁄4 cup water or more as needed
- 4 tbsp Shaoxing wine or cooking sherry
- 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms about 15
- green onion
- Prepare noodles according to package directions and set aside. I used instant rice vermicelli and soaked the noodles in a bowl of warm water for 2 minutes and drained.
- Heat a large wok to medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. While the wok heats up, prepare your vegetables.
- Add the red pepper, mushrooms, and onion to the wok along with the garlic, ginger, garam masala and turmeric. Stir fry the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the napa cabbage to the wok and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes, or just until the cabbage has softened.
- Add the Shaoxing wine (or cooking sherry), tamari, and water to the wok and reduce the heat to low. Add the drained noodles and toss to combine thoroughly.Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve with your favourite protein. Enjoy your cooking!