THE ADULT GRILLED CHEESE
Everyone seems to have an opinion on what exactly makes the best grilled cheese sandwich. Do you brush the bread with butter or mayonnaise? Do you double the cheese or opt for a single slice? Do you start with a hot griddle or a cold pan?
- goat cheese
- prosciutto slices
- Harvarti cheese (or your favorite)
- spreadable butter
- 2 slices desired bread (something good- like Rosemary Sourdough or Rustic French!)
- Spread butter on the bread slices. Turn over and spread the other side of one slice with goat cheese.
- Heat a skillet and place the goat cheese slice butter-side-down in the pan. Layer tomato, arugula, prosciutto and Havarti on top of the goat cheese. Top with a 2nd slice of bread, (butter-side-up).
- Cover, and heat the sandwich on low until lightly browned. Carefully flip and toast the other side.
- Remove to cutting board. Let sit for a couple of minutes, then cut with a serrated knife and serve immediately. Enjoy your breakfast!