THAI CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
A chicken salad with a fantastic Thai chilli and lime vinaigrette with an excellent acid-sweet-salty-spicy balance for which Southeast Asian cuisine is known. Using the garlic and chili sauce is a great way to thicken the dressing and add more layers of flavor.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated (or 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce Red Boat brand
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey to taste
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup raw cashews toasted and chopped
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 carrots grated
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until browned and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Allow to cool and shred chicken
- Make dressing by whisking together lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Add honey to taste. (You may also make the dressing in a food processor or blender.)
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, red pepper, carrots, scallions, basil, cilantro and chicken. Toss with dressing. Top with cashews and serve. Enjoy your salad!