SWEET GLAZED EASTER BREAD
This traditional Italian Easter bread is brushed with frosting and decorated with glitter.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Icing Ingredients:
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix milk and yeast in a bowl, let sit for five minutes.
- Next, add butter, flour, sugar, and salt. Blend well with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs to mixture and blend again until a dough forms.
- Drop onto floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Roll into a ball, place in a large bowl, and cover with a damp towel.
- Set in a warm spot and let rise for 1 hour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, divide into two pieces, and roll each piece into a long/thin dough roll.
- Twist rolls together and form a circle, connecting the ends together.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While your Easter bread is cooling, make the icing glaze by whisking milk and sugar together until you have a thick paste.
- Drizzle icing on bread, then top with sprinkles. Let the glaze harden for a few minutes, then serve. Enjoy your cooking!