Spinach Ricotta Pasta Bake
Spinach and ricotta pasta, topped with lots of spinach, creamy ricotta and a deliciously rich tomato sauce. It is comfortable and cozy food! Hearty, comforting and so delicious. This delicious cooking of vegetarian pasta is ideal when the weather gets colder.
- 1.5 cups (150g) mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 300g / 10 oz ziti pasta, uncooked, or other short pasta of choice
- 3/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 lb / 500 g ricotta
- 1 cup (100g) grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan cheese , grated
- 350g / 12oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess liquid pressed out
SHORTCUT PASTA SAUCE
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp EACH onion and garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water (if needed)
- 2 tsp dried Italian Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes , to taste (optional)
- 24 oz / 700g tomato passata (1 standard bottle)
- Parmesan cheese , grated
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Pasta Sauce: Pour out about 1/4 cup of the passata (to make room to add flavourings). Add the remaining Pasta Sauce ingredients into the bottle, screw the lid on and give it a shake.
- Cook pasta for time per packet MINUS 1 minute.
- SCOOP OUT 1 mugful pasta cooking water, drain and set aside.
- Ricotta Mixture - Mix Ricotta Mixture ingredients in a very large bowl. Use a splash of pasta cooking water if needed to make it creamy.
- Add pasta and stir to combine. Transfer to a heatproof baking dish.
- Top with Pasta Sauce, top with cheese. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve while hot and fresh! Enjoy your cooking!