Spicy Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas
The creamy, spicy cheese shrimp enchiladas make an excellent night meal. A packet of taco seasoning and canned enchilada sauce really cut down on prep time.
- 4 medium tortillas flour tortillas recommended
- 5 oz Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 medium tomatoes "on a vine'
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 large jalapenos seeded
- 12 oz large shrimp
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oil in a large cooking pan over medium heat.
- Slice onions and seeded jalapenos thinly and dice tomatoes.
- Saute veggies with some salt until softened.
- Whisk heavy cream, sour cream, pressed garlic, spices and salt in a mixing bowl and add it to the pan with veggies. Stir well.
- Add shrimp and cook, still over medium heat, until shrimp is almost done.
- Add some cheese in the center of each tortilla.
- Using slotted spoon, scoop out about a quarter of shrimp/veggie mixture, draining most of the sauce, into the tortilla. Roll tortilla and place it in the baking dish, seam down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, shrimp and veggies.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and spread remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve right away. Enjoy your cooking!