SPAGHETTI STUFFED GARLIC BREAD
Garlic bread stuffed with spaghetti is a fun touch to the classic spaghetti dinner. This pretty loaf of bread with a braided appearance will be an exciting cut to reveal the spaghetti, the meat sauce and the melted cheese inside.
- 1 tsp salt + a pinch
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 16 oz Italian bread loaf
- 7 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- butter & garlic powder for bread
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, generous
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 2/3 C Mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In a large sauce pan, boil spaghetti until al dente. Remove from heat and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, brown beef & sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion while browning meat. When brown, drain off any excess fat and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt & pepper. Mix well. Simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add cooked pasta. Mix well again and remove from heat.
- While meat sauce is simmering, cut the Italian bread loaf in half using a bread knife. Carve out the middle of each half of the loaf. Remove any remaining bread to create a large hollow in each half. Brush insides of the hollows and sides of the halves with butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Toast in oven.
- When bread is toasted, spoon the prepared spaghetti & meat sauce into the hollow of each half, filling the hollows completely. (You will have spaghetti & meat sauce left over). Top with cheeses- 1 of the divided halves of the cheeses for one loaf and one for the other.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and gently cut with a bread knife to serve. Enjoy your dinner!