SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE
The spaghetti pie is a big deal, impressive for its stature and ingredients, perfect for a hungry crowd.
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese sliced or grated
- 1 lb Italian sausage may use ground beef
- Herbs or fresh garlic *optional
- 6 oz spaghetti noodles cooked
- 1/4 cup mushrooms fresh
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 6 oz tomato paste can
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10" pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook in boiling salted water until 1 to 2 minutes before done according to package directions.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add green pepper and onion. Saute until they just start to soften. Remove the vegetables to a small bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Add the sour cream to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- In the same skillet as you used on the vegetables, brown the meat. Drain. Add tomato paste and water. You can also add garlic or herbs to this sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes without a lid covering the pan. Enjoy your cooking!