Southwestern Chicken Soup
If you're looking for a quick soup to warm you up tonight, this is the soup! I hope you enjoy the recipe for chicken soup from southwest Chile as much as my family.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can of corn drained
- 1 14 oz can of pinto beans rinsed
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 14 oz can of black beans rinsed
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stock pot on the stove top, or in an Instant Pot.
- Cover the pot with lid. Cook for 30 minutes on medium heat on the stove top. If cooking in the Instant Pot, set to high pressure for 8 minutes, then allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it, then return it to the pot and mix in with the soup. Enjoy your soup!