Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus
A hot oven is imperative to ensure that these shrimp does not overcook in this easy pan dinner. It's time to take advantage of the tender asparagus that appears on farmers' markets.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and de-veined
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix together garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place trimmed asparagus on sheet and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the mixture on the asparagus. Roast for 6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil mixture to shrimp and mix well to coat all of the shrimp.
- When asparagus is done, remove from oven and then add lemon juice to the shrimp mixture and toss to coat again (if lemon is added too early, the citrus will begin to 'cook' the shrimp).
- Add shrimp to sheet pan with asparagus, one at a time with tongs, shaking excess oil off.
- Roast for another 5-6 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or rice! Enjoy your cooking!