SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
Chicken Pan Fajitas recipe sheet with rich, aromatic lime, soy sauce and cumin seasonings seasoned with cumin, all you need is an oven and an oven. single leaf pan. Because everything is cooked in half a large pan, it is suitable for feeding larger groups, so preparation and cleaning are kept to a minimum.
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 3 bell peppers I use green, yellow and red , cored and sliced into strips
- desired fajita toppings: Sour cream, sliced avocado or guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced (against the grain) into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Light grease a large sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut chicken and vegetables into strips. Lay the vegetables evenly on the pan and place the chicken on top of them.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir well to combine. Sprinkle most of the seasoning over the chicken, and some of it over the vegetables as well. Spoon minced garlic on top of the chicken and drizzle olive oil over the entire pan. Toss everything well and spread it into an even layer across the pan.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees if you test with a thermometer). Wrap the flour tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove everything from the oven. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve in warm tortillas with extra toppings, if desired. Enjoy your dinner!