ROASTED LEMON GARLIC BROCCOLI
I prepare the broccoli and the florets are roasted after being tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and chopped garlic. A pinch of lemon juice before serving seals the deal.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 head broccoli 12-14 oz
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice ~1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut broccoli into medium sized-florets (see picture), and bring them into a large bowl. Minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice from lemon.
- Melt butter in microwave. Mix minced garlic into melted butter. Pour mixture into the bowl of broccoli. Toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle broccoli with salt and lemon juice.
- Spread broccoli onto a baking sheet. Do not overlap or overcrowd the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes. Bake for closer to 17 minutes if you like your broccoli crunchier and closer to 20 minutes if you like them softer. Time needed will depend on the size of your broccoli florets as well. Enjoy your cooking!