PEPPERONI PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE
A pepperoni pizza in the form of grilled cheese! Toasted brown bread with butter and toast stuffed with fondant mozzarella, pepperoni and pizza sauce.
- 18 slices pepperoni cooked in microwave for 20 seconds and grease dabbed off
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, 1/8-inch thick
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
For the garlic butter
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. fresh or dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- In a medium skillet set over medium-low heat, add the butter and melt. Place two pieces of toast side by side.
- To each slice of bread, add a slice of mozzarella, 9 pepperoni, and another slice of mozzarella. Place remaining slices of bread on top.
- Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter. In a small microwave safe bowl, add the butter. Heat until melted. Stir in parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on both sides of grilled cheese. Cook on each side for 30 seconds. Remove, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dip in your favorite marinara, if desired. Enjoy your cooking