PECAN PIE BAKED OATMEAL
This pecan oven oatmeal is made with pecans, maple syrup and cinnamon and is great as a breakfast or healthy dessert.
1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a square 8″ x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together butter, almond milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake oatmeal mixture 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping. Bring butter, brown sugar and maple syrup to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in pecans.
- Once oatmeal has baked 10 minutes, remove from oven and top with pecans mixture. Return to the oven and make an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or let cool to room temperature before covering and refrigerating. Enjoy your breakfast!