Orange and cinnamon sponge cake
If you're short on time, the delicious cinnamon cake is just as good without the candied orange.
- 3 units of Eggs
- Flour for the mold
- 250 g of white sugar
- Grated orange peel
- 250 g of sifted flour
- Butter for the mold
- 75 g of sunflower oil
- 1 unit of Orange to decorate
- 1 cc ground cinnamon
- 1 cc of Vanilla scent essence
- 170 g of whipping cream
- 1 sachets of baking powder
For the syrup (optional)
- 5 tsp of white sugar
- 3 ud of strained orange juice
FOR THE CAKE
- Before starting, preheat the oven to 180ºC so that, when you go to bake, it is at the right temperature.
- Next, beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl for a few minutes until the mixture blanches and increases in volume.
- Add the oil, cream and vanilla essence. Mix everything well after adding each ingredient until the mixture is homogeneous.
- In a separate bowl, put the previously sifted flour, the cinnamon, the orange zest and the yeast, and mix everything well.
- Then, gradually add the flour mixture to the bowl with that of the liquids (it is recommended to do it three times, mixing well with a wooden spoon after each addition).
- When the dough is ready, grease a cake pan with butter well and sprinkle flour on it (you will have the ideal amount if you lightly tap the walls of the mold so that there is a very thin film of flour on the bottom and walls) .
- To finish, pour the dough into the pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
- After that time, check that your cake is well baked and let cool on a rack.
- Cut the orange into slices no more than an centimeter thick and place on top of the cake. Now it's time to bathe it with the syrup.
FOR THE SYRUP
- put the orange juice and sugar in a saucepan, stir well and bring to a boil without stirring at any time.
- When it boils, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- When it is cold, bathe the surface of the cake with the syrup and wait a little until it is completely absorbed. Enjoy your Baking!