ONE POT MINCED BEEF HOTPOT
Yummy Crispy Potato Topped Meat Pie (Hached Beef Hotpot) - a delicious family meal of ground beef in a delicious sauce with vegetables garnished with golden potato slices.
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 275 g Swede diced
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 500 mls Beef stock
- 2 Parsnips chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15 g Melted butter or 1 tbsp oil for glazing potatoes
- 500 g Potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 400 g Beef shin or casserole steak minced
- 4 shakes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cream of horseradish sauce
- 2 Large carrots chopped
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 2 Large onions diced
- In a large oven proof pan (I used cast iron) heat the oil over a medium heat and sweat the onions under a lid until tender, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes).
- Push the onions to the outside, turn the heat up a little, add the mince and fry until browned all over.
- Add another tbsp of oil then add all the chopped vegetables and fry for a couple of minutes stirring.
- Next add the flour and cook for a further minute, stirring.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish sauce, seasoning and peas, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat, lay overlapping potato slices on top and then brush with melted butter or oil.
- Replace the lid and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and place under a hot grill until potatoes start to go golden (about 8 minutes).
- Serve on its own or with some crusty bread. Enjoy your cooking!