Nutella French Toast with Strawberries
Its strawberry and Nutella French toast made with fluffy buttery brioche bread is the closest you can get to eating dessert for breakfast without really eating leftover dessert for breakfast.
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice of half a lemon
- About 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 slices of bread (used Italian)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter (for the pan)
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to coat and set aside to macerate at room temperature.
- Spread desired amount of Nutella over 2 slices of bread. Top each with the remaining bread. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together the egg and milk. Whisk in the melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the heated skillet and swirl to coat.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, soaking for 30 to 40 seconds per side. Add the slices to the pan in a single layer, taking care not to crowd the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until light golden brown. Flip and continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Add more butter as needed.
- Transfer to a plate, dust with powdered sugar, then top with strawberries. Serve immediately. Enjoy your breakfast!