Mint Slice Cake
This mint and chocolate cake recipe contains tender layers of chocolate cake with a soft and smooth mint butter cream, melt in your mouth a mint and chocolate ganache.
- 150 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 100 g Condensed Milk
- 400 g Digestives
- Green Food Colouring
- 350 g Icing Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 300 g Milk Chocolate
- Line a 9x9" Square Tin with parchment paper and leave to the side for now.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they are a fine crumb – mix in the melted butter and condensed milk blitz again until combined!
- Press into the bottom of the tin and chill whilst you make the icing!
- Mix the icing sugar, peppermint essence, and food colouring and enough water till it forms a relatively thick paste – spread across the biscuit base.
- Start with less water and gradually add in a tiny amount more – you don’t want it runny, you have to be able to spread it but still be thick. Leave to set for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour on top of the icing (trying not to disturb the icing too much) and leave to set in the fridge till solid, so probably an hour or two!
- Cut the Mint Slice into 16-25 pieces and enjoy youe cake!