Combine chocolate chips, oats and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl and stir in water. Cover and seal with plastic wrap or an airtight lid and heat in the microwave on high power until the apples are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 8 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup. Divide between 2 bowls and garnish with the nuts. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 tablespoon cashew butter (any kind of nut butter will work)
- 1/2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (for topping)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix togehter rolled oats, unsweetened almond milk, nut butter, and maple syrup.
- Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Stir oatmeal and place back in microwave. Cook for another minute. Remove and stir again.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before topping with chocolate chips. Enjoy your breakfast!