LOW SYN CORNED BEEF HASH
I love this thing! And I always have it with fried eggs and toast. Have a bowl of fruit on the side.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 225g (8oz) of corned beef, canned (4 syns)
- 600g (21oz) of baby yellow potatoes, in skins (halved) - I used yukon golds
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Add potatoes to a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and leave in water for 5 mins.
- Drain, pat dry and place on a baking sheet, spray with cooking oil spray, season with sea salt and bake in the oven for about 25-30 mins until lightly golden. Remove from oven, using the back of a fork, roughly flatten down all the potatoes, set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking oil spray, add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the corned beef and peppers and break up the corned beef into smaller chunks with a wooden spoon, and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and spring onions, season with salt and black pepper, and flatten down all the mixture in the pan.
- Reduce heat and allow to brown underneath for about 4-5 minutes. Then place under a grill, and grill until the top is golden.
- Divide into 4, serve and enjoy your cooking!