Low Carb Italian Wedding Soup
Nothing beats a comforting, low-carb soup on a cold, dreary day. This classic Italian wedding soup is sure to hit the spot!
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese , optional to serve
- 4 cups gluten free unsalted chicken broth , 950mls
- 2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 lb 90% ground beef , 454g
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 stick celery
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder together.
- Shape mini meatballs with the ground beef mixture and set aside.
- Saute the onions in a large pan, celery, and red bell pepper with a little olive oil over a medium heat until soft, for about five minutes.
- Add the gluten free unsalted chicken stock, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan with the vegetables, then add the minced clove of garlic, and the meatballs.
- Simmer soup gently for about 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove soup from the heat and add the spinach and stir well, replace the lit for two to three minutes then it’s ready to serve.
- Taste and season further with salt and pepper, serve with parmesan cheese. Enjoy your soup!