On busy nights, no one has time to stack several layers of lasagna. i combine a few steps to reduce the preparation, but keep all the cheesy, sassy and noodle qualities that make lasagna an all time favorite.
- 1 (24oz) jar of marinara
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan (optional)
- 1 (24oz) bag of frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (heaping)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread a thin layer of your marinara sauce onto the bottom of the pan (about 3/4 cup).
- Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce (should be about 12 of them).
- Top with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers starting with what's left of the ravioli. Finish by topping with the remaining sauce and cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan if you'd like.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Serve with veggies, salad, garlic bread or anything else you'd like! Enjoy your cooking!