ITALIAN LIMONCELLO MARGARITA
The Limoncello Margarita is a lemon and Italian version of this classic and sexy cocktail, based on tequila, limoncello and lemon juice.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces limoncello
- Lemon slices for garnish
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Splash of sparkling water or club soda, optional
- 2 tablespoons agave, or another sweetener of choice
- In a plate, combine lemon zest with kosher salt. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of the glasses and dip them in lemon salt to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, limoncello, lemon juice, lime juice and agave. Shake it up! Pour in two glasses with ice.
- Add a splash of sparkling water or club soda, if desired. Garnish with a lemon wedge. Enjoy your drink!