Italian Easter Pastiera Recipe
One of my favorite Easter traditions in an Italian home makes Easter Pastiera! This Italian dessert, rich in eggs and creamy ricotta, is also known as Neapolitan Easter pie for some. Pastiera is like a firmer and more decadent version of rice pudding that melts in your mouth.
- 2 cups cooked Arborio Italian-Style Rice I’ve also used regular white rice
- 1 can crushed drained pineapple
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- Cook rice as directed, yielding 2 cups cooked
- Beat eggs
- Add cooled rice, ricotta, sugar and vanilla to eggs
- After mixed, add drained pineapple and cornstarch and mix well
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-80 minutes (You want the outside edges to look a little brown and the center should not be watery or runny but firm).
- Let cool. Best served chilled in the refrigerator. Enjoy your baking!