Indian Fried Cabbage
Indian Fried cabbage is a simple dish of sautéed vegetables that is often available in Indian cuisine. Adding mustard seeds not only adds flavor, but also improves this delicious golden yellow cabbage dish in terms of taste and presentation.
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh Green Peas
- 1 Head Cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger. Saute for a minute and add cabbage, paprika, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well, and add 1/4 cup water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes till the cabbage is fork tender.
- Add in the green peas and cook for another minute or too. Serve hot. Enjoy your cooking!