HONEY LIME SALSA VERDE RANCH CHICKEN TACOS
Ranch Salsa Verde Chicken with Honey and Lime (Tacos) the sweet and spicy tangy flavor of this chicken is out of this world, stack it in seasoned taco shells, and you have a delicious, incessant flavor that can't be more easy!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa verde
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 2 limes
- 1 packet (1 oz) ranch seasoning mix
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2-3 lbs
- Spray insert of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a glass measuring cup or mixing bowl, add the salsa verde, sour cream, honey, fresh lime juice, and ranch seasoning packet. Whisk until combined. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours.
- Either take the chicken out and shred it with two forks OR you can shred the chicken inside the slow cooker with two forks. It is fall apart tender so it's really easy to shred. Add shredded chicken back into the sauce and stir together. Either serve right away or leave it on the WARM setting until you're ready.
- There is lots of liquid inside the slow cooker after adding the shredded chicken back in. That's ok! That is what provides the flavor and moist chicken instead of dry chicken in tacos. Simply serve the shredded chicken with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Serve tacos with choice of toppings! We love eating these as soft tacos with the small flour tortillas. You can also use crunchy corn taco shells, use the chicken inside burritos, salads, nachos. Really anything cause it's so yummy. Enjoy your cooking!