FRITO TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE
The Frito Taco casserole dish is almost as classic as a frito pie. They have a good taste of chili, beef and a crunchy fritos it's always an easy recipe to make!
- 1 C. salsa
- 1/4 C. water
- 2 C. rice cooked
- 16 oz refried beans
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 C. Fritos corn chips
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning packet
- 2 C. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, brown the burger with the diced onion and drain grease.
- Add in the 1/4 C. of water and taco seasoning packet and let simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the taco meat, salsa, cooked rice, shredded cheese and refried beans.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with 1 C of the Fritos and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining Fritos or serve on the side. Enjoy your cooking!