FETTUCCINE WITH SALMON DILL CREAM SAUCE
The fettuccine with cream sauce of salmon and fresh dill is an elegant but easy to prepare. Tender smoked salmon, cradled on fettuccine, covered with a creamy fresh dill sauce.
- 8 ounces linguini
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces cold smoked salmon
- 1/2 large sweet onion (like Vidalia or Walla-Walla, diced)
- 1 large bunch of dill (de-stemmed and chopped)
- Cook the pasta in plenty of water until it is done. Consider not adding salt to the water this time, since the salmon sauce may be on the salty side.
- To make the salmon dill cream sauce, sauté the onion in butter over medium high heat until golden brown. Reduce heat a bit and add the dill, salmon and cream. Gently heat until the cream is infused and stir until the salmon flakes. Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Gently toss the pasta in the warm sauce and voila! Enjoy your cooking!